It’s no wonder that many people love receiving gifts – from gift cards, to big things, small things, expensive things, and all other things in between. Sometimes the gift is just the thing you wanted, and other times it’s something that you hope came with a gift receipt.
When it comes to book lovers, what’s the first thing that they ask for during any major holiday, whether it be their birthday (hey, to them it’s a holiday), Christmas, Hanukkah, or any other day, books are usually at the tops of their list.
But what if you don’t know their reading style? What if you get them a book – or series – that they already have?
It can be hard to shop for a reader, especially when so many different factors can play a part into what should and should not be given them. Let’s take a moment to explore some ideas for your average book lover:
- Gift cards – they’re a great gift during any occasion, and you can give gift cards for specific stores, such as Barnes & Noble or Amazon. You can really never go wrong with this option.
- e-Readers – they’re not all expensive and can hold thousands upon thousands of books in just the palm of your hand. From the nook to the kindle, there are several e-Readers that do the job just fine. You can even get accessories for each reader, which makes it more personal, and fashionable.
- Book-themed apparel – yes, it exists. Haven’t you seen the “Okay? Okay.” shirts looming around some stores modeled after “The Fault in Our Stars“? Or what about the Harry Potter themed clothing items that can be found at Hot Topic? Do a little digging and you’ll find many places carry book-themed apparel.
- Audiobooks – they can be just as expensive as hardcover books, but audiobooks are a great way to listen to a book for your busy, on-the-go, reader. There’s a wide range of different kinds of audiobooks, but not all books are made audio, so keep that in mind if you’re looking for a specific title.
- Custom designed anything – have you ever viewed Etsy? It’s a website where people can hold little online shops and sell items custom designed for others. You can find many people who do custom bookmarks, totes, and other objects and make them personal to your book lover.
Those are just a few examples of the what you can gift your book lover. They will love anything given to them that’s book themed (as long as they liked the book). It can be challenging, but with so many different tools out there in the world, you can find that some of these things are manageable, affordable, and totally perfect for the book lover in your life.
What kinds of gifts do you give to your book lovers? What kinds of gifts have you received as a book lover? Let me know in the comments!